Thursday, July 3, 2008

A Father to the Fatherless

"Though thy father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me." Psalm 27:10

Have you ever tried to make someone love you? It's completely impossible. I am left hurt, disappointed and tired. At what point do I give up and stop beating my head against this brick wall? At what point do I stop allowing myself to be continuously hurt? At what point do I stop expecting too much? Loving without expecting anything in return seems so hard.

However, there is my Father in heaven who receives me with open arms. He holds me, whispers words of comfort to me, and is the Father I need him to be. He knows my deepest thoughts and feelings, my sorrow and my hurts. He is my strength when I am weary. He loves me unconditionally. I am so thankful that when I am rejected by my earthly father, He takes up for me. Thank you Lord, for your love!

No comments: