Thursday, July 17, 2008

The heartbeat!

So today Mike and I went to hear the heartbeat of our little one! She used a doppler, and next appt will be an ultrasounds. Really, and I know this may be crazy, but up until now it really didn't seem real. AND in the back of my mind has always been the thought that maybe I wasn't pregnant( crazy, I know!). I mean, I have had only two symptoms: nausea for a couple weeks and itching, which is better now. So, hearing the heartbeat today made everything real. The doctor said it was 150, which I have no idea whether that's low or high or what it means. I'm sure it's normal. Our next appointment is August 20th, and we find our whether we are having a boy or a girl!

So after the doctor left, Mike looks at me and goes, "I thought we were going to know today what we were having?!" He claims I told him this was the appointment where we find out the sex. So, he was quite disappointed. I'm sure I didn't say that! Of course, this is classic miscommunication with us- I'm not surprised. Everyone at his work was waiting to hear, and he had to disappoint them, too. He was kind, at least he made it seem like it was his fault, not mine.

4 comments:

Mom of Three said...

150-160 is about the range my girls have had while in the belly so maybe your having a girl =)

I am guessing some time in September you will know what your having so he's gotta wait a little bit =)

good luck!

The Purvis Family said...

congrats again! i went to the doctor on wed and our little man's heartbeat was 158, so who knows what that means.....boy or girl....you will just have to wait and see! i can't believe you find out in august already! lucky!! how far along are you?? can't wait to hear the news!

Andrea said...

I felt the exact same way before we heard the heartbeat! I honestly didn't feel pregnant, so I felt like I was just faking until 12 weeks or so...kinda funny. I lived for my 20 week ultrasounds, too, so I'm excited for you! My prediction is: It's a boy.

Kendra White said...

I just remembering thinking a herd of horses were the sound of the heartbeat. How exciting. Take it easy before school starts. I will anxiously awaiting the news on Aug. 20. So how many weeks does that make you?