Saturday, March 7, 2009

Hello, Mommy Brain!



So on her blog, Thinking Out Loud, Leah recently posted about the dreaded "Pregnancy Brain." Well, unfortunately it just gets worse. I have officially moved from having "Pregnancy Brain" to ...wait for it..."Mommy Brain!" Ugh. On our first outing to the mall, Grace and I had one mission: to get dad some new dress shirts for work. Well, Belk was having a fabulous sale, so I found him some great Nautica dress shirts on sale and spotted Ralph Lauren dress pants also on sale. Well, of course I couldn't pass them up- in a color he doesn't already have (size 34). I get them home and they were a little tight- they must run a little snug, so of course I said I would take them back- another excuse to get out of the house! So I get to Belk the next day and the helpful salesman asks what size I want to exchange them for. I get a size 38 and take them home. The next morning, Mike goes to wear them. I was still asleep so he whispers in my ear, "You know you got a size 38, not 36 in these pants." I mumbled something- after all I was still half asleep.

So what does he do? WEARS them! Now I can't take them back- and they are CLEARLY too big. So I feel like we've wasted money, but is he worried about it? No. He is wearing them anyway (and by the way, they look silly!). I really have no idea what I was thinking when I asked for a 38 instead of 36. Welcome, "Mommy Brain!"

1 comment:

Leah said...

You know I can relate! And thanks for giving me a dose of reality. Now I know I'm only going to get worse! Haha!