Sunday, March 22, 2009

I'm officially on Etsy!

So I've been thinking and praying about what I am going to do to make a little extra money once I stop working. I feel like there are tons of things I want to do- but I feel kind of ADD about it. Where do I start? So I decided to start by making an Etsy shop. I LOVE that website and have already spent way too much money there. I made a ribbon lamp shade for Grace's room and a lot of people who have seen her nursery have commented on the shade. So, I decided to make a couple and post them on my Etsy account and just see what happens. I've looked and I haven't found any other ribbon shades similar to the ones I have made, so I am hoping that will help me out. I also plan on painting too- probably mostly things for nurseries. The three watercolor birds I did for Grace's room are hanging over her changing table and she is fascinated by them. She studies them and stares at them, and then she coos and makes all her cute little baby noises. I love it that she has taken such an interest in them! Mike doesn't like the trim I used on the pink and black and blue and white ones. The custom shade is the one I did for Grace's room but I couldn't find that same trim at Hobby Lobby. So, that said, check out my lamp shades (there's only 3) and let me know what you think.

Here's the link: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7071299

9 comments:

The Oakes said...

so so cute becca!

Sara said...

Super cute! And I love the shop name too!

So are not going back to work next year?

Becca said...

No, I'm staying at home. Unless something crazy happens and we move back home so my inlaws can watch Grace...

Mom of Three said...

I LOVE THE LAMP SHADES!!!!!!!!!

Leah said...

How exciting! I love etsy! It's great that you'll be able to stay home with Grace next year. I know she'll love being with her mommy!

Whitney (for the rest of the Shouses) said...

Those are adorable!

The Purvis Family said...

so cute and creative :)

Anonymous said...

This is not the first of your posts I've read, and you never cease to amaze me. Thank you, and I look forward to reading more.


security equipment

Unknown said...

all right,I will try.
Beats By Dre
Beats Monster By Dr Dre
Heart Beats By Dre
Beats By Dre
Wholesale Beats By Dre
Cheap Beats By Dre
Beats By Dre
Beats By Dre Solo
Wholesale Beats By Dre