Monday, May 12, 2008

Rebecca's Delicious Taco Salad

Here's what we had for dinner tonight. My wonderful husband says this is the best Taco Salad he's had! Thought I would share since it's easy and pretty healthy. I especially LOVE the avocados!




Ingredients
Romaine Lettuce, torn
Tomatoes, chopped
onion, chopped
avocado, sliced
1/2 can black beans, drained
chopped chicken (I use Purdue Southwestern precooked chicken)
Salsa of your choice
cilantro (if desired)
Tortilla chips, crushed (I love the Tostitos with a hint of lime!)

Combine first 7 ingredients and toss. Put tortilla chips in a small ziploc baggie and crush with the end of a glass. Top with salsa. Enjoy!
*This would be great without the chicken as a vegetarian meal.

2 comments:

The Oakes said...

wow sounds yummy. we will definately be trying it out so thanks for sharing....oh and i love love love the couches! what is the amterial like it almost looks satin in the pic.

Leah said...

Yum. That sounds like something that would be a huge hit at our house. I'll have to give it a shot!
Thanks.