Monday, May 5, 2008

We Made It!

Well, many of you knew that this past weekend was the weekend we met my dad's future wife. Reuben, Mike and I and Mike's parents traveled to Hayesville, NC. We were planning on spending the whole weekend with both her and my dad, but arrived to discover she was busy. We spent a few hours with her at dinner on sat night. Let me just say that this whole thing is just strange! This woman that he is bringing into his life has a less than stellar reputation in the community, and we are concerned about her intentions for marrying my dad. My dad is going into this completely trusting someone he has known for 2 months. So, at this point we know no more about her now than we did when we arrived in NC. I feel like if she really was sensitive to all this that's going on she would make it a point to make our visit a priority- and try to get to know us. She said very little in our presence. It's not that I have a problem with dad getting married again. It's this person, and the way he has gone about the whole situation

This weekend was good for several reasons. We stayed with my Aunt and Uncle and enjoyed being with them and had some delicious food. We got to see my Great Aunt and Uncle(they were extremely close with my mom and are the sweetest people you will ever meet!) and of course got to see my Grandma and my other uncle. We also spent some time with my dad, alone, which we desperately needed. We basically laid it all out- poured our hearts out to dad and explained how we ALL felt, including my in-laws (who have known my dad for over 30 years). I was so thankful to have both of them as our advocates- and they spoke when we couldn't- they are a big part of our family.

I feel a sense of relief- we've gotten it off our chests- and I feel lighter because of it. Now, it is in the Lord's hands and my dad will make the decision- and live with the consequences. I know we haven't changed his mind about anything, but at least it's all been said.

1 comment:

Leah said...

I have been thinking about you and this situation a lot lately. Whenever it pops into my mind, I just pray that God's purpose will prevail and His will be done. Although it is quite strange, I know He's in charge and will work it all out. In the meantime, I will keep praying!