Monday, February 4, 2008

The Big Stick



For those of you who don't know, Parker eats and swallows everything. Over Christmas, he ate a mystery "something" and got very ill. We rushed him to the vet, and they operated. During the operation, the vet discovered the piece of plastic and string he had swallowed had torn a hole in his small intestine. The vet did the best he could, and there wasn't much else we could do but pray! A month later, Parker is pretty much back to normal eating wise. We threw all his toys away, in a moment of panic, and I felt bad because he had nothing to play with. When you have no children, your animals become LIKE children. So, I made the trek to Woofers today, and purchased this wonderful "toy" that he can eat, is all natural and completely digestible! He also can't take it and hide it - it's so big! At first, he was scared. Mike and I thought this hilarious, Parker running around with this huge stick in his mouth. Here are some pictures of the fun...Oliver was wondering why we didn't bring him a big stick, too.

3 comments:

Leah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leah said...

I love your blog! I will definitely keep checking it so I can stay up to date with what you are up to.

You are inspiring me to update mine more often.

Leah

Whitney (for the rest of the Shouses) said...

Becca, I'm so glad you're a blogger too now. :) And, I thought you would appreciate that Turner is sitting on my lap as I found your blog and he knew that Starry Night was Van Gogh. Actually, he said it was "Baby Van Gogh" because he's seen it on Baby Einstein, but still pretty impressive. :)