Sunday, February 17, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day



So on Thursday,I had a dentist appointment. I had a filling done back in October but that tooth had been bothering me. The dentist wanted to re-do it, and I stupidly made the appointment for Valentine's day. Mike and I had made plans to go out to eat after he got home from work. Well, needless to say, I was still numb at 8:00. I didn't feel much like going out and drooling all over myself. So, Mike got us some McDonald's (I know, SO bad for you, but still so good...) and we ate at home. It was still nice to spend time together, and we ended up going out for our VDay dinner on Friday night.
I told Mike not to get me anything. We both agree that Valentine's day is way too commercialized, and that it really is just another day. I would much rather have flowers "just because" on another day that on valentine's day. Anyway, I wanted to make cookies for Mike, but didn't get to it during the week because of our school's Valentine's day pageant of which I am the chair of the decorating committee. So, this weekend I finally got around to making his Vday gift. He was thrilled with this cookie, and just had to take a picture.

1 comment:

Kendra White said...

Becca,
Those are precious. I did cookies for John Hunter's class. 18 of them, and then we had a snow day! Oh well... I hope Mike enjoyed them!