Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Oh So Lonely....

Tonight Mike is away at a training conference in Greensboro. It's not often he has to go away for work, so I'm not used to being alone at night. I guess I've forgotten what it's like to live alone because I have found myself checking the locks, and closing the blinds and drapes- just in case. I don't actually think there's anybody out to get me, it's just nice to know I'm safe and secure, and it's eery being here alone at night. Plus, Parker the attack dog would be no help to an intruder- he would lick them to death!

I've actually gotten a few things accomplished this evening-some laundry and I swept the floors (which is an everyday thing with the dog and cat). Plus, I got to paint. I have all of mom's watercolor books, which is what she was good at and I now have several of her paintings hanging in my home. Now, I have never been any good at painting with watercolor, but I figured tonight would be a good time to practice. So, armed with book, paints and brushes, I sketched out a landscape and painted. To my surprise, it actually doesn't look half bad, and I learned a few new techniques.

1 comment:

The Oakes said...

i want to see the watercolor! im right there with you... if trevor is out of town i may as well forget sleeping im freaked by everything and the worst part is i can't even watch tv....everythig scares me.