Sunday, February 24, 2008

Love....




It's hard to believe it's been almost 5 years since Mike and I were married. I can truly say I love him more today than I did then. Every weekend, without fail, Mike asks me to make a list. The list consists of things that need to get done before the new week begins. Normally, this includes dusting and cleaning, laundry, etc. I make out the list and we tackle it together. Now, some may think this means nothing, but to me it is a very romantic gesture. I grew up in a household where dad worked and mom did all the housework, so to me, it means a lot that he is willing to chip in. Sometimes, he even sees what needs to be done before I ask and he takes care of it. He truly is wonderful to me, I even got breakfast in bed this morning. What a treat! We've come a long way in five years, and I can wait to see what the next 5 bring!

4 comments:

The Oakes said...

you deserve it...and im sure he considers himself just as lucky!

Whitney (for the rest of the Shouses) said...

This is very sweet and helping around the house is one of my big needs, too. I'm very impressed by Mike! Keep it up!

The Purvis Family said...

What a great husband!! Cassie's right, you deserve it :) now as carson grows, I will need to teach him this so that one day he treats his wife so perfect!

Leah said...

It is truly a blessing from God to have a husband who helps around the house, especially one who will do so without being asked. I agree with the other comments! You definitely deserve it!